Elkins High School
Most of the convention’s daytime activities will be in the Elkins High School. This will include:
- Display salons in the school’s library.
- The Cartography Salon, located in the well-lit hallway near the vertical contests.
- Vertical activities in the school’s air-conditioned gym.
- Registration will be held initially in the Auxiliary Gym and later moved to the entrance area.
- Vendors will be located in the first-floor classrooms near the school entrance.
- Large sessions will be in the theater, band room, choir room, or the 80-seat lecture room.
- Small and mid-sized sessions and workshops will be concentrated in classrooms on the second floor above the vendors.
- The photo salon and banquet will be in the air-conditioned gym.
Conservancies and other non-profit caving organizations can have one 8-foot table for display purposes at no charge. However, nothing can be sold at the table except items of nominal value in return for membership dues. Tables must be reserved in advance. Contact the Facilities Chair to reserve a table. If a group wants to sell items they must register as a vendor and pay the vendor fee.
Anyone selling anything at the convention must register as a vendor, pay a vendor fee, and collect West Virginia sales tax on all sales. Most vendors will be in the school, but vending in the campground is another option. Contact the Vendor Chair, Mike Warner, at email@example.com for more information. Vendors must make their arrangements before coming to the convention.