2020 NSS Convention
The annual NSS speleology and caving conference
July 27 – 31 | Elkins, West Virginia
Acquire the latest information about advancements in the world of speleology. Learn the most advanced techniques offered in the caving world. View award winning cave related art work, maps, videos from talented artists and surveyors. Join in sessions on topics from the leaders in speleology. Enjoy catching up with old friends and meeting new contacts at the Howdy Party.
Take a break from the many sessions and explore some the many wonderful caves that West Virginia have to offer. Visit the scenic vistas of Seneca Rocks, Dolly Sods, Black Water Falls, and others. Hear about the historical significance of the area, and take a ride on the Cass Scenic Railroad.
Join us, it’s Almost Heaven in West Virginia
- Coronavirus Message from President, Geary SchindelRelease Date: March 25, 2020 Message from the President Regarding the Coronavirus NSS Headquarters, Huntsville, AL — Folks, the Coronavirus is sweeping the country and will put a great strain on our medical resources including many of our members that work in the health care industry. Health care professionals indicate that we must flatten the … Read more
- Coronavirus InformationNo doubt you have been following the news regarding Coronavirus – also known as COVID-19. I want to assure you that the National Speleological Society (NSS) and the 2020 NSS Convention Staff continue to closely monitor the situation and the potential effects to our members and events. We are committed to keeping you safe as … Read more
- Abstract Due DatesThis is a list of sessions that are likely to have formal presentations. In addition to the session chair’s name and email address, it shows the date abstracts for the session are due. Abstracts should be sent to the session chair and must be no longer than 250 words. Please also say how much time … Read more
- Howdy PartyThe Howdy Party will be held in the Pavilion at the campsite Monday Evening. This is the official meet & greet for convention attendees and a wonderful opportunity to find and catch up with all the friends you’ve met through previous convention attendance and caving. Instead of a sit-down catered affair that limits socializing, your … Read more
- Art and Music SalonsNSS Art & Music Salons encourage and recognize cave-related arts, artists, and musicians. NSS Salons are open to everyone; entrants need not be members of the NSS. Rules, entry forms, and deadlines are available on each Salon’s website. For more information navigate to: http://www.caves.org/committee/salons/ The best of each Salon’s entries will be exhibited at the … Read more